Twice-Fried Chicken Wings
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 762mg
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, optional
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, wings separated at joints
- 1. Line a plate with paper towels. In a saucepan, whisk first 6 ingredients. Place over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat.
- 2. Pour enough oil in a large pot to reach a depth of 2 inches. Turn heat to high and bring oil to 350ºF.
- 3. Mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a ziplock bag. Add wings; seal bag. Shake to coat. Working in batches, add wings to oil; fry until lightly browned, about 12 minutes, turning once. Remove to plate. Repeat.
- 4. Reheat oil to 350°F and, working in batches, fry wings again until golden brown, turning once, about 5 minutes. Place first batch in a large bowl, drizzle with some sauce and toss. Place on a platter. Repeat with remaining wings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note