Yield: Makes 16 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 8 medium-size baking potatoes (about 4 lb.)
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into slices
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 thick-cut peppered bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Rub potatoes with oil. Bake on a baking sheet 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and skins are crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Remove potatoes from oven, and let cool 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°. Cut warm potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out pulp into bowl with butter mixture, leaving shells intact.
- 4. Mash pulp and butter mixture together using a potato masher. Stir in 1 cup cheese, green onions, and seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into potato shells; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5. Bake at 300° for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables