Yield: Makes 16 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 8 medium-size baking potatoes (about 4 lb.)
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into slices
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 thick-cut peppered bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Rub potatoes with oil. Bake on a baking sheet 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and skins are crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Remove potatoes from oven, and let cool 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°. Cut warm potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out pulp into bowl with butter mixture, leaving shells intact.
- 4. Mash pulp and butter mixture together using a potato masher. Stir in 1 cup cheese, green onions, and seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into potato shells; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5. Bake at 300° for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note