Twice-as-Nice Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 7 Minutes
- 1 cup raisins
- Boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine raisins and boiling water to cover in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Pat raisins dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet. Add pecans; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add reserved raisin liquid, eggs, and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add to shortening mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in raisins and pecans. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Tip: When making cookies, always place cookie dough on cool baking sheets. Using sheets that have just been in the oven can cause cookie dough to spread too much.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts