Twelfth Night Cake
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped candied red cherries
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 dried pinto bean
- 1 dried black-eyed pea
- Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well. Cover mixture; let stand overnight.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and spices together; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in almond- fruit mixture.
- Spoon batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 9-inch springform pan. Press bean and pea just below surface of batter.
- Bake at 300° for 2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings