- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup red candied cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, finely chopped
- 6 almond macaroons, crushed
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
How to Make It
Soften gelatin in cold water in a large mixing bowl. Add hot milk, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
Pour mixture into freezer can of a 1-gallon h and - turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Let ripen at least 1 hour before serving. Scoop into serving bowls, and serve immediately.