Really good and easy to make. Used center cut bacon in place of prosciutto, as that's what I had on hand - probably upped the calorie count some. Didn't have sherry. Will def make again as it was delish, light, and easy to make for a weeknight meal. Added about 1 cup of water the next day for leftovers, as I actually would like it more soupy.
Tuscan White Bean Soup with Prosciutto
The canned beans allow you to prepare this Tuscan white bean soup in just over 30 minutes. While the soup is simmering, you might want to assemble a garden salad and toast slices of Italian bread to complete the meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Carbohydrate: 53.4g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 817mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto or ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 (19-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, undrained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (15.75-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the prosciutto, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the water, beans, bay leaves, and broth, and bring soup to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer soup for 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley, sherry, and black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Discard bay leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note