Tuscan White Bean Soup
A delicious, hearty soup. The fresh herbs really make a difference. The soup is delicious with or without the Swiss chard. Recipe adapted from Aidells Sausage.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves (large), finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound(s) red potato, unpeeled, 1/2" diced cubes
- 3 - 4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 can(s) (15 oz) Cannellini or other small white beans
- 2-3 flavored turkey sausage links (Aidells Pesto or Sun dried tomato) sliced into 1/4-inch discs
- 1/2 bunch(es) Swiss chard, stocks removed, cut into ribbons
- 1 sprig(s) Fresh herbs (Rosemary and/or Thyme)
- Fresh ground Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot and onion and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Add the garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook 1 minute longer. Add the potato and 1 cup of stock. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place half of the beans in a food processor with 1 cup of stock and purée. Stir into the saucepan. Add the remaining can of beans, stock, and sausage to the soup. Bring back to a boil, turn down to a simmer and add the chard and fresh herbs. Cook until the chard is wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, if desired (optional).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LoAnt529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note