This is amazing with a grilled cheese sandwich! I use an Emerson blender to make the soup smooth.
Tuscan Tomato Soup
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 108
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) cubes French bread (about 2 1/2 (1-ounce) slices)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted (such as Swanson's)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Lightly coat bread with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until dry and toasted. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through pepper); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide 2 1/2 cups croutons among 5 bowls; ladle 1 cup soup over croutons, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This