My husband and I are not picky eaters. In an effort to save money, we do not waste food. This went in the garbage. Even with extra seasoning (Italian seasoning mix, salt and pepper) and the addition of cheese, it was dry and flavorless.
Tuscan-Style Tuna with White Beans
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 794mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans white kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tuna in olive oil, drained
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Combine oil, onion and garlic in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture is fragrant and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add beans and sage; cook, stirring, until hot, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and cook until just heated through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with freshly ground white pepper. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This