Tuscan Seared-Tuna Sandwiches
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Cook the tune in two batches.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 38.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 4 (4-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Drain artichokes over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons marinade. Chop artichokes, and combine with 1 tablespoon reserved marinade, pimento, and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary; set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons reserved marinade, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, and garlic in a small bowl; brush over fish, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Place a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook for 2 minutes on each side until the fish is medium-rare (or desired degree of doneness); keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place rolls, cut sides up, on a baking sheet; broil for 2 minutes or until toasted. Spread mayonnaise evenly over bottom halves of rolls. Top each roll half with a tuna steak and 1/4 cup artichoke mixture; cover with roll tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches