Tuscan Pork Roast
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Garnishes: fresh herbs and roasted garlic
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor or blender 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides; set pesto mixture aside.
- Butterfly roast by making a lengthwise cut down center of 1 flat side, cutting to within 1/2" of other side. From bottom of cut, slice horizontally to 1/2" from left side; repeat procedure to right side. Open roast, and place between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2" thickness, using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread about two-thirds pesto mixture over roast. Roll up roast, jellyroll fashion, starting with long side, and secure at 2" intervals, using heavy string.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan; cover with remaining pesto mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Remove from pan, reserving drippings in pan; keep roast warm.
- Whisk flour into drippings in pan, and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and next 3 ingredients; simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Pour gravy through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Stir in 1 teaspoon each parsley and thyme. Serve gravy with roast. Garnish platter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes