Fantastic recipe. We have tried the marinade on shrimp, scallops & chicken as well and all are delicious. I make some variation of this recipe at least twice a month especially on those nights when I'm pressed for time. Quick, easy and tastes awesome!
Tuscan Pork Kebabs
Coming in at under 200 calories per serving, these colorful grilled pork kebabs are perfect for a light picnic on the patio. Sautéed chard makes a simple side.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 kebabs)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 346mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 16 (1-inch) pieces yellow bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine olive oil, grated lemon rind, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic in a large bowl, stirring well. Add pork; marinate at room temperature 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- 3. Thread pork and bell peppers alternately onto each of 8 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until pork is done, turning occasionally.
- Sautéed chard: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add 8 cups chopped stemmed Swiss chard, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; sauté for 5 minutes or until chard wilts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes