I was looking for a good lemon muffin recipe and this is it. I get raves on it and also have given it out to friends and they like it also.
Tuscan Lemon Muffins
Using ricotta cheese ensures a light and fluffy texture while resulting in a moist and delicious muffin. Enjoy these lemony treats for breakfast or a sweet snack.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 29 Minutes
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 7.9 ounces all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center. Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note