- 2/3 cup vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-inch) round sourdough bread loaf (about 16 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 medium-size purple onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
How to Make It
Whisk first 4 ingredients.
Cut bread in half horizontally. Scoop out inside of bread halves, leaving 2-inch shells; brush inside with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette mixture. Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom half of bread, brushing tomato with remaining vinaigrette mixture. Layer cheese and next 3 ingredients over tomato. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 2 hours. (Place a large plate on top of sandwich, weighting it down with cans, if necessary, to compress sandwich.) Cut into wedges to serve.