Tuscan Chicken with Veggies
Unusual combination of veggies & spices really yummy. The leftovers are even better. *Veggies are great in egg white omelet. *Shred chicken & chop veggies for Bruschetta to top baguette spread with basil pesto. Add skim mozzarella and broil and have with nice glass white wine. *Chop up for couscous salad with shredded spinach
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 whole(s) Roma tomatoes (or Plum tomatoes)
- 4 whole(s) Chicken breasts,skinless (2 1/2 lbs)
- 3 Zucchini (medium)
- 1 bulb(s) Fennel
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Lemon zest Finely grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon juice Fresh
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh rosemary ( or 2 tsp. dried)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes lengthwise into 4 sections. Slice zucchinis in half. Then slice each half lengthwise into 2- 4 slices making similar size slices. Remove outer layer of fennel and discard. Slice remaining in two half with a stem in each half. Then slice the two halves lengthwise including part of the stem to hold layers together. Put veggies in large baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 Tbs. Olive Oil and toss to coat.
- Mix remaining 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, salt, lemon zest, and garlic ins all bowl. Add ground black pepper to taste.
- Arrange chicken breast on top of veggies and rub mixture well into the breasts.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir the veggies. Sprinkle with rosemary. Return to oven for 15-25 minutes until veggies are starting to brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Maryjoround and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note