Tuscan Chicken with Grilled Fennel and Onions
Community Recipe from
- 4 - 8 ounce(s) boneless chicken breast w/skin
- 4 - 6 ounce(s) boneless chicken thighs, w/skin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 TBsp, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon(s) crushed red pepper, + 1/2 tsp
- 2 bulb(s) fennel, fronds reserved cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4 in thick slices
- 2 red onions cut into 1/2-in thick wedges
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel pollen
- Season chicken breasts & thights wtih s&p. In large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp olive oil with fennel seeds + 1 Tbsp red pepper. Add chicken, toss well to coat.
- Bring large saucepan salted water to boil; add fennel slices and blanch over moderate high heat for 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer fennel to paper towels to drain. Add onion wedges to boiling water, blanch 1 minutes; drain well. Brush fennel, onion and tomates with olive oil and s&p.
- Light grill. Grill fennel slices and onions over moderate heat until lightly charred and tender, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter cover lightlly with foil. Grill tomatoes skin side down until lightly charred, about 2 mintues per side; add to platter.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 c olive oil 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, fennel pollen and season the dressing s&p.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill chicken skin side down over moderate high heat, basting once w/ 2Tsp of lemon dressing until charred, about 12 min. Turn chickenand grill until cooked through, about 8 mintues more for breasts and 12 minutes more for thighs.
- Arrange grill chicken on platter with grilled vegs. Spoon remaining lemon dressing over chicken & vegs, garnish with fennel fronds and serve.
- MAKE AHEAD; Blanched veg and lemon dressing can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temp before proceeding.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note