Tuscan Chicken with Grilled Fennel and Onions
Community Recipe from
- 4 - 8 ounce(s) boneless chicken breast w/skin
- 4 - 6 ounce(s) boneless chicken thighs, w/skin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 TBsp, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon(s) crushed red pepper, + 1/2 tsp
- 2 bulb(s) fennel, fronds reserved cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4 in thick slices
- 2 red onions cut into 1/2-in thick wedges
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel pollen
- Season chicken breasts & thights wtih s&p. In large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp olive oil with fennel seeds + 1 Tbsp red pepper. Add chicken, toss well to coat.
- Bring large saucepan salted water to boil; add fennel slices and blanch over moderate high heat for 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer fennel to paper towels to drain. Add onion wedges to boiling water, blanch 1 minutes; drain well. Brush fennel, onion and tomates with olive oil and s&p.
- Light grill. Grill fennel slices and onions over moderate heat until lightly charred and tender, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter cover lightlly with foil. Grill tomatoes skin side down until lightly charred, about 2 mintues per side; add to platter.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 c olive oil 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, fennel pollen and season the dressing s&p.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill chicken skin side down over moderate high heat, basting once w/ 2Tsp of lemon dressing until charred, about 12 min. Turn chickenand grill until cooked through, about 8 mintues more for breasts and 12 minutes more for thighs.
- Arrange grill chicken on platter with grilled vegs. Spoon remaining lemon dressing over chicken & vegs, garnish with fennel fronds and serve.
- MAKE AHEAD; Blanched veg and lemon dressing can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temp before proceeding.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes