Tuscan Chicken Stew
Delicious & Hearty. Serve with biscuits or over rice because you will want to soak up every bit of flavorful sauce. (Not so brothy that it could be considered a soup though.)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup(s) onion 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 can(s) (15 oz.) cannellini (white) beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine or water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 package(s) (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet. Add onion and fennel seed; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in beans, tomatoes, red wine, remaining spices and salt. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet.
- 3. Stir in spinach. Cover & cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by csaudarg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note