- 6 (6-oz.) catfish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups firmly packed STACY'S Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Pita Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Italian Herb Blend Grinder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Sun-dried Tomato Aïoli
- Garnishes: fresh basil leaves, lemon slices
How to Make It
Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper.
Pulse pita chips in a food processor 6 to 8 times or until coarsely chopped. Place in a shallow dish or pie plate.
Stir together flour and Italian herb blend in another shallow dish or pie plate. Stir together eggs and 1/3 cup water in a third shallow dish or pie plate.
Dredge catfish in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, shaking off excess. Dredge in pita chips, pressing mixture into catfish to coat thoroughly.
Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a large deep skillet; heat to 350°. Fry catfish, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Sun-dried Tomato Aïoli. Garnish, if desired.