This was simply delicious and perfect for a chilly Autumn night, we all loved it! I added more fresh rosemary to mine and used a rosemary flavored sea salt instead of the kosher. Divine!
Tuscan Baked Chicken and Beans
This savory Italian-inspired recipe is a wonderful way to prepare a budget-friendly whole chicken. Fresh rosemary, cannellni beans, and canned diced tomatoes make this dish flavorful, yet simple to prepare.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 759mg
- Calcium: 238mg
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) roasting chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Trim excess fat. Cut chicken into 2 breast halves, 2 drumsticks, and 2 thighs. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook bacon in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; chop and set aside, reserving drippings in pan. Add chicken pieces to reserved drippings in pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- 3. Add onion and 1/8 teaspoon salt to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until onion begins to brown. Stir in bacon, spinach, rosemary, beans, and tomatoes; remove from heat. Arrange chicken pieces on top; bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Discard skin before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note