I am a wannabe cook - I try and try but my dishes don't ever look like the picture. UNTIL. . . this one. It is easy to make and attractive. I have made it twice and both times the recipe received rave reviews and compliments. It is a keeper!!!!
This decadent turtle trifle gets its flavor inspiration from classic turtle candy and features marscapone cheese, whipping cream, vanilla, pecan pie chunks, toasted pecans, and fudge cand caramel toppings.
More From Southern Living
Chill Time: 1 Hour
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened*
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2-lb.) frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1/3 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
- 2. Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-qt. trifle dish or tall, clear 4-qt. glass bowl. Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes. Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping. Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans. Repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- *1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Edwards Georgia Pecan Pie, Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Topping, and Smucker's Caramel Flavored Topping.
Mascarpone is rich double or triple cream cheese made from cow's milk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note