- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened*
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2-lb.) frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1/3 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make It
Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-qt. trifle dish or tall, clear 4-qt. glass bowl. Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes. Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping. Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans. Repeat layers.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
*1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Edwards Georgia Pecan Pie, Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Topping, and Smucker's Caramel Flavored Topping.
Mascarpone is rich double or triple cream cheese made from cow's milk.