Turtle Pecan Cheesecake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 14 oz. bag light caramels
- 1 5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 c. chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tbsp. evaporated milk
- Whipped cream (optional for garnish)
- Pecan halves dipped in caramel (optional for garnish)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter; press mixture onto bottom and sides of buttered 10 inch
- spring form pan (2 inches deep). Bake in preheated 350
- degree oven 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Toast pecans 7 min. at 350 degrees
- In heavy 1 1/2 quart saucepan, melt caramels with evaporated milk over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. (If desired, dip a few pecan halves into caramel mixture and set aside to use later as garnish.) Pour caramel mixture over cooled crust; top with chopped toasted pecans.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing on medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Blend in
- melted chocolate. Pour mixture over pecans and caramel in crust, starting at outer edge.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 1 hour and 20 to 25
- minutes, or until edges begin to crack. Remove from oven
- and let cool at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes.Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan and loosen cheesecake with spatula.
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- Melt chocolate morsels (in top of double boiler or on medium
- power in microwave oven). Add evaporated milk. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Spread chocolate topping over chilled cheesecake. Garnish
- with dollops of whipped cream and pecan halves dipped in
- caramel( you can use jarred caramel topping , as in what you use for ice cream, if desired. Keep refrigerated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dansana and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turtle Pecan Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts