Turnip Greens Stew
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen chopped turnip greens
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell peppers, and celery
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Sauté ham in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broth and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
- Collard 'n' Black-eyed Pea Stew: Substitute 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens for turnip greens. Prepare as directed, and cook for 15 minutes. Add 1 (16-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained, and cook 10 more minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McKenzie's Seasoning Blend for frozen diced onion, red and green bell peppers, and celery. You may substitute 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 1 chopped celery rib.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This