Turnip Green Pesto
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 (1-lb.) package fresh turnip greens, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring 4 qt. water to a boil in an 8-qt. stockpot. Add greens; cook 30 seconds. Remove greens, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Process greens, walnuts, and next 3 ingredients in a food processor 2 to 3 minutes or until a paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour oil and lemon juice through food chute in a steady stream, processing until smooth. Add honey and cheese, and pulse 3 or 4 times or until blended. Add kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or place plastic wrap directly on pesto (to help retain color), and refrigerate up to 1 week. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: We tested with Glory Turnip Greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This