Yield: Makes about 30 turnovers
- 1 small turnip, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 pieces finely chopped, cooked bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine turnip, onion, and bacon in a small bowl. Toss with salt and pepper.
- Unfold piecrusts, and press out fold lines. Cut out 30 rounds with a 2-inch round cutter.
- Place 1 teaspoon turnip mixture on half of each round, and fold the other half over. Press edges together with a fork to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 375° for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note