Turmeric Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
Soft, fluffy bites of potato, crisp on the outside and generously seasoned with spices and cheese are roasted with fresh green beans to create this side dish. Turmeric is a fragrant and mellow spice. It is the star in this dish, despite the small amount used. It takes just a pinch of turmeric to brighten the dish to a lovely yellow and add just a hint of something unexpected. Recipe by Mary Younkin, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 3/4"-1" chunks, about 4 cups worth
- 1 pound(s) fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3 - 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (If you don't line it, grease the pan liberally with extra olive oil.) Toss the potatoes with a couple tablespoons of oil and then sprinkle generously with the spices. Toss with your hands to make sure they are very well coated. Add about half of the cheese and toss well to distribute. Spread the potatoes across the prepared baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes. (Set a timer for 25 minutes.)
- While the potatoes begin roasting, prepare the green beans. Toss them with a tablespoon or so of oil and then sprinkle them generously with the remaining spices. Toss with your hands to coat well. Add the remaining cheese and toss again to coat. After the potatoes have roasted about 25 minutes, remove from the oven. Add the green beans to the potatoes, stir with a spatula to combine and then spread them across the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven and roast an additional 20-25 minutes. When the potatoes are tender and slightly crisp, remove from the oven. The green beans should be tender with a slight bite remaining.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note