- 2 pounds (2 to 3) English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 containers (7 to 8 oz. each) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- About 2 tsp. Aleppo pepper* or coarsely ground dried California chile
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus small whole leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- calories 151
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 435 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Whirl cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, oil, and 1 container yogurt in a blender until smooth. Pour into a stainless steel bowl and whisk in remaining yogurt, 2 tsp. Aleppo pepper, the salt, and black pepper.
Nest bowl in ice water; stir often until cold, about 15 minutes.
Stir chopped mint and dill into soup just before serving. Sprinkle bowls with more Aleppo pepper, if you like, and mint leaves.
*Buy Aleppo pepper from grocery stores or worldspice.com, or buy dried California chiles in Latino markets (pulse in a food processor to grind coarsely).
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.