- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 10 ounce uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey. Sauté 6 minutes, or until browned. Remove turkey from skillet and set aside.
Add onion to skillet; saute 8 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes, or until tender. Add water, mustard, and broth; stir well. Return turkey to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Cook noodles in boiling water 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Combine milk, flour, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Add to turkey mixture. Simmer, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, or until thickened. Serve turkey and gravy over noodles; garnish with parsley, if desired.