turkey wild rice casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) wild rice washed with water
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 pound(s) fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh pepper
- 3 cup(s) chopped turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 3 cup(s) turkey or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry sherry or white wine or lemon juice
- Cover rice with water in suce pan and bring to a boil,. remove from heat. Let soak 1 hour then drain. Melt 3 tbs of butter in skillet add mushrooms and onion saute over medium heat until lightly brown. In a large bowl combine rice mushroom mixture, and all remaining ingredients except butter. Turn into buttered 2 qt casserole. Cover and bake 350 degrees x 1 1/4 hour. Remove the cover and dot with butter and bake uncovered x 20 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elizabeth413 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
turkey wild rice casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes