Turkey Vegetable Soup
good use for turkey leftovers sage is reminiscent of stuffing makes 6 to 8 servings W-S Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 2 cup(s) chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 2 fresh sage leaves or pinch of dried sage, optional
- 1 cup(s) green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large or 2 small turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 quart(s) turkey or chicken broth
- 1. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, turnips, and beans and cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer about 20 minutes.
- 3. Add turkey, salt, and pepper to taste, and parsley and simmer about 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note