Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Enjoy this Turkey-Vegetable Chowder recipe with warm bread for a savory and satisfying dinner.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage or poultry seasoning
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen spinach
- Melt butter in pan. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes. Stir in flour and curry powder; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley and sage. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add turkey, half-and-half and frozen spinach. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews