Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Enjoy this Turkey-Vegetable Chowder recipe with warm bread for a savory and satisfying dinner.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage or poultry seasoning
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen spinach
- Melt butter in pan. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes. Stir in flour and curry powder; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley and sage. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add turkey, half-and-half and frozen spinach. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note