Turkey Tortilla Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) light olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) diced white or yellow onions
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeds removed (leave in for more heat), diced
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper, double amount for more heat
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 6 Roma tomatoes, peeled & diced, about 2 cups
- 2 cup(s) turkey or chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) tomato juice
- 4 cup(s) shredded turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) lime juice, from 2 large limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: cheese, avacado, cilantro, green onions, lime slices, tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onions, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, crushed garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cool on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey or chicken stock, tomato juice and shredded turkey. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and remove from the heat.
- Serve garnished with toppings of choice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by humboldt29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes