Turkey Tortilla Pie
Basically turkey à la king with Southwestern undertones, this dish is easy to assemble and appreciated on a chilly evening. Serve it with a crisp green salad topped with orange and avocado slices and thinly sliced red onion. Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 17 minutes; Bake: 20 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons diced canned green chiles (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnishes: Salsa, sour cream, minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Add chili powder and flour, and cook 1 minute. Add milk, and simmer 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken; remove from heat. Add more chili powder, if desired. Add turkey, pimientos, and green chiles. Stir in sour cream.
- 2. Arrange 4 tortillas side by side in a microwave-proof dish. Cover with dampened paper towel, and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 3. Arrange 4 tortillas in a 10-inch pie plate, cover with half the turkey mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, turkey, and cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes