Turkey Tonnato Salad
The dressing for this salad is an adaptation of the classic Vitello Tonnato sauce that's usually served over thinly sliced veal tenderloin. It's a glorious combination of flavors that works equally well with fresh vegetables. You can substitute light versions of mayonnaise and sour cream without changing the flavor. Prep: 10 minutes.
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup watercress, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh fennel
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Tonnato Dressing
- Garnishes: Capers, black olives, Italian parsley sprigs
- Place lettuce and watercress on a large serving platter or individual salad plates; arrange next 4 ingredients on top. Drizzle with Tonnato Dressing, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note