Notes: Serve with warm cornbread.
Sunset OCTOBER 2000
1. In a 4 1/2-quart or larger electric slow-cooker, mix the onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
2. Pull off and discard skin from turkey thighs; trim off and discard fat. Rinse thighs and lay on vegetables in cooker. Pour hominy and tomatoes with juice over turkey.
3. Cover and cook until turkey pulls easily from the bone, 6 to 7 hours on low, 4 to 5 hours on high. If possible, turn meat over about halfway through cooking.
4. With a slotted spoon, transfer turkey to a plate. Skim and discard any fat from cooking liquid. When turkey is cool enough to handle, in about 10 minutes, discard bones and tear meat into large chunks. Return meat and juices to cooker; cover and cook until hot, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Spoon turkey chili into wide bowls. Top portions as desired with cheese, olives, and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to Full Version of