Delicious. Very nice remake of a super fattening favorite. Didn't have sherry so I used a nice cab and it was delicious. Also used rigatoni as not a big fan of spaghetti.
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
You don't even need leftover turkey for this creamy make-ahead casserole because it starts with quick-cooking turkey cutlets that you season and cook in a skillet.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 2/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 459
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Carbohydrate: 48.1g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 716mg
- Calcium: 199mg
- 10 ounce uncooked vermicelli
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 (8-ounce) packages presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (such as Healthy Choice)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle turkey with 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add turkey to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove turkey from pan.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, sherry, and mushrooms to pan. Cover and cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine peas, milk, sour cream, cheese, and soup in a large bowl. Chop turkey. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, pasta, turkey, and mushroom mixture to soup mixture, tossing gently to combine. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and butter in a small dish, tossing to combine. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over pasta mixture. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes