This was really delicious!! My fiance loves tacos but sometimes I find them a little boring. This was a nice change and I'm sure the turkey is a healthy alternative to ground beef. All the flavors were delicious, and I added a little melted veleeta with some chilli powder and kidney beans. I will definitely make this again and again!
Turkey Taco Salad
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 602
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 12g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Sodium: 1560mg
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 16-ounce container store-bought refrigerated fresh salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 9-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 6-ounce can sliced black olives (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour off any excess liquid. Stir in half the salsa and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining salsa and sour cream.
Divide the lettuce, chips, turkey mixture, beans, avocado, Cheddar, and olives (if using) among bowls. Serve with the salsa-and-sour-cream dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note