I followed this recipe as written. I found the flavors to blend nicely but unless the peppers I used were very small there is enough filling left for at least two more peppers. No problem, in to the freezer the mix goes! I also feel that unless you prefer your peppers to be quite firm, they could have used more cooking time.
Enjoy the powerful flavor combination of sweet corn and salty feta in Turkey-Stuffed Peppers.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 647
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 47g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 15g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
- Sodium: 1018mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 large bell peppers, tops sliced off, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring 1/2 cup salted water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in quinoa, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Place peppers upright in an 8-inch square baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft, about 7 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add turkey; cook, stirring, until no pink remains, about 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn and quinoa. Raise heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low. Simmer, stirring, until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in feta and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Stuff peppers with filling, mounding slightly. Bake until peppers are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note