- 6 bell peppers, tops removed
- 1/2 cup uncooked plain couscous
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 Italian Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Discard pepper seeds and membranes. Stand peppers on end on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water. Crumble meatloaf; cook in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring gently, 3 minutes. Toss nuts, next 2 ingredients, and meatloaf mixture with couscous. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide couscous mixture among peppers (about 1/2 cup each).
Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until peppers are very tender. Increase oven temperature to broil, with oven rack 7 inches from heat. Combine cheeses, and sprinkle over peppers. Broil peppers 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.