Very easy and perfect to cook a large pot to eat now and then later! My 19 year old daughter swore that she didn't like squash, but had no idea that she was eating it in this dish! I used jalapeno tomatoes rather than plain and it spiced it up a bit. . might go a little spicier next time.
Turkey, Squash and Black Bean Chili
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Sodium: 1191mg
- 8 ounces peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave on high until soft when pierced with a paring knife, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add turkey, chili powder, cumin and salt; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until meat is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until tomatoes have cooked down and mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add squash and beans; cook, stirring, until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes