- 5 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 5 eggs, separated
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey
- Giblet Gravy
- Combine first 4 ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Place over boiling water; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add butter; stir until butter is melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Stir egg yolks and turkey into cornmeal mixture. Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff but not dry; gently fold into cornmeal mixture. Pour into a lightly greased shallow 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve giblet gravy over spoon bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This