Fantastically delicious...the day after! As with most recipes with tomatoes, it always taste better the next day after all those flavors mingle. I used 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey and two hot italian turkey sausage links; crumbled and browned with lean ground turkey (the husband must SEE the meat). Used only 6 oven ready lasagna noodles, a 16 ounce bag of frozen spinach. Combined the fat-free cottage cheese with 1/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt, used romano instead of parmesan and as another reviewer did use dried italian herb seasoning in place of dried parsley flakes. Served with a simple green salad with vinaigrette.
Reduce the fat but not the flavor in creamy lasagna by using ground turkey breast instead of ground beef, and using low-fat cheeses and egg substitute. The frozen chopped spinach makes it more nutrient-packed than a traditional lasagna.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 35.6g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 969mg
- Calcium: 436mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (26-ounce) jars low-fat marinara sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey, onion, and garlic; cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Add 5 3/4 cups marinara sauce; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan, parsley, pepper, and spinach; stir well.
- Spread remaining marinara sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over marinara; top with cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella. Spoon half of the turkey mixture over the mozzarella. Arrange the remaining noodles over turkey mixture. Top with remaining turkey mixture and mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note