Turkey Spaghetti With Sausage and Peppers
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (1-lb.) package Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium-size red or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, remove and discard casings from sausage; cook sausage in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking sausage into pieces while cooking. Remove sausage and drippings from Dutch oven, and drain well on paper towels. Discard any drippings in Dutch oven.
- 3. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sausage, pasta, and cheese. Transfer mixture to serving platter, and serve immediately.
- To freeze: Prepare recipe as directed. Cool 30 minutes. Place pasta mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove and discard plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes