My husband and I loved this!! Reminded me of turkey pot pie without the crust and alot more moist. I had leftover cajun fried turkey and used both the dark and white meat. I would not change a thing. Perfect for leftover turkey and leftover holiday guests! Ha!
Turkey Soup with Cornbread Dressing Dumplings
Yield: Makes about 4 quarts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large sweet onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cornbread Dressing Dumpling Dough
- Melt butter in a large 8-quart stockpot. Add onion, garlic, and celery; sauté over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop Cornbread Dressing Dumpling Dough by tablespoonfuls into simmering soup. Cook 5 minutes. Cover and cook 15 more minutes or until dumplings are done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews