- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large sweet onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cornbread Dressing Dumpling Dough
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large 8-quart stockpot. Add onion, garlic, and celery; sauté over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drop Cornbread Dressing Dumpling Dough by tablespoonfuls into simmering soup. Cook 5 minutes. Cover and cook 15 more minutes or until dumplings are done.