easy to make, added salt and pepper and an extra shake of seasonings!
Turkey Soup Provençal
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
This French-inspired turkey soup gets its rich flavor from dried herbes de Provence and features ground turkey breast, canned beans and tomatoes, chicken broth, and fresh spinach.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 25.4g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 6.1mg
- Sodium: 890mg
- Calcium: 206mg
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence, crushed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Cook turkey in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add herbes de Provence, beans, broth, and tomatoes to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in spinach; simmer 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews