Very nice! Meets lasagna cravings! Couldn't find spicy turkey sausage so I might use a dash of crushed red pepper next. 6 WW Pts for 1/6.
Turkey Sausage and Spinach Lasagna
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 575mg
- Calcium: 408mg
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 (4-ounce) links hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through bay leaf) in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper. Spread 1 cup milk mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons water and spinach to pan; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain spinach, pressing until barely moist. Increase heat to medium-high. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan. Add shallots and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in remaining milk mixture, spinach, and cooked sausage. Remove pan from heat.
- 4. Arrange 2 noodles over milk mixture in baking dish; top with 1/2 cup ricotta and one-third spinach mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil.
- 5. Preheat broiler to high.
- 6. Broil 4 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This