Turkey Sausage Ragu with Kale and Papardelle
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 8 ounce(s) spicy italian turky sausage casing discarded
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) chile flakes
- 3 clove(s) fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano leaves torn with fingers
- 1 bunch(es) kale cleaned, stems discarded, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounce(s) whole-what pappardelle, fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- parmagiano reggiano for garnish
- Add 1 tbsp oil, onion and thyme to a medium pot over medium heat. Stir to coat, cover and cook until onion is softened and just beginning to color, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Uncover pot, add sausage, chile flakes and garlic, and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Off the heat, carefully deglaze by adding wine. Return to heat and reduce for 1 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano and kale. Stir well, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Stir in additional 2 tbsp oil plus vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper.
- When sauce is almost finished cooking, add pasta to a large pot filled with boiling salted water and cook until al dente, following package directions.Drain well and immediately toss with tomato reduction to coat. Then serve, topped with a drizzle of oil, a sprinkling of parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano sahvings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes