Turkey Sausage Ragu with Kale and Papardelle
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 8 ounce(s) spicy italian turky sausage casing discarded
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) chile flakes
- 3 clove(s) fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano leaves torn with fingers
- 1 bunch(es) kale cleaned, stems discarded, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounce(s) whole-what pappardelle, fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- parmagiano reggiano for garnish
- Add 1 tbsp oil, onion and thyme to a medium pot over medium heat. Stir to coat, cover and cook until onion is softened and just beginning to color, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Uncover pot, add sausage, chile flakes and garlic, and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Off the heat, carefully deglaze by adding wine. Return to heat and reduce for 1 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano and kale. Stir well, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Stir in additional 2 tbsp oil plus vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper.
- When sauce is almost finished cooking, add pasta to a large pot filled with boiling salted water and cook until al dente, following package directions.Drain well and immediately toss with tomato reduction to coat. Then serve, topped with a drizzle of oil, a sprinkling of parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano sahvings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note