This was much better than I expected. A family favorite!
Turkey Sausage, Mushroom, and Potato Gratin
Home fries meet casserole in this ultimate comfort food dish that's great for brunch or dinner. It's most economical to buy a block of cheese and shred it yourself.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 12 Minutes
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 619mg
- Calcium: 196mg
- 2 (4-ounce) hot turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 4 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan, and sauté for 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan; drain. Wipe pan with paper towels. Melt butter in pan. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; sauté 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and salt; sauté 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in sausage and broth. Remove from heat. Spoon potato mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note