- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage or kielbasa, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Fit 1 piecrust into the bottom and up the sides of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add sausage, onion, and flour, and sauté 5 minutes. Whisk in milk; cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in vegetables, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, thyme. Pour into prepared piecrust.
- Unfold remaining piecrust, and roll to press out fold lines; place piecrust over turkey mixture, trimming to fit. Crimp and cut slits on top for steam to escape.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McKenzie's Vegetable Gumbo Mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes